Welcome back and welcome home to celebrate Palo Alto Players legacy and future! June is our birthday month and since it’s not every day you turn 90, we are celebrating with a series of virtual gatherings all month long and a one-night-only gala event on June 27th. Join us in-person at the Lucie Stern Theater for the first time since the pandemic or virtually from anywhere as we honor Palo Alto Players’ 90th Anniversary through story and song and raise funds for the next 90 years and beyond.
Schedule of Events
GALA ONLINE AUCTION – Bidding closes Sunday, June 27th at 9pm PT
JUNE VIRTUAL GATHERINGS – FREE ONLINE ACCESS
- June 10@ 7 pm PT – Palo Alto Players Game Night – Drunk Broadway’s Joey McDaniel hosts a fun evening of virtual games and mixology. Special mystery guests from Palo Alto Players will be dropping into the Zoom room as we mix up mocktails and cocktails and celebrate all things theater.
- June 17@ 7pm PT – The Players-Peninsula Center Stage Years Reunion – an opportunity to connect, share favorite memories, and see what PAP-PCS artists are up to now, hosted by Dennis Lickteig (PCS Artistic Director 1992-1996).
- June 24@ 7 pm PT – Palo Alto Players: The Next Generation – a virtual cabaret featuring our young performers from Tarzan, A Christmas Story, Matilda, and more.
90th ANNIVERSARY GALA: LIVE IN-PERSON or ONLINE
- June 27@ 5pm PT – Welcome back and Welcome Home to the Lucie Stern Theater to celebrate Palo Alto Players legacy and future with special performances, tributes, a first look at our upcoming season lineup, opportunities to Fund Our Future, and more! In person tickets ($90/person – limited capacity) or online livestream ($50/household) for our first-ever hybrid event go on sale Tuesday, June 1st and include automatic access to all three virtual gatherings.
90th Anniversary Gala Sponsors
Palo Alto Players gratefully acknowledges the local businesses and community leaders for making this 90th anniversary celebration possible. (Sponsors as of June 1, 2021).
Palo Alto Players’ Return to the Theater Sponsor:
Theatre Angels: Jessica Christie and Aidan Begg; Keith and Robin Goldberg; Kristen and Felix Lo; Patty McGuigan; Premier Properties; Dana Tom and Nancy Kawakita; Tilmin Hudson
Innovator: George Crow
Palo Alto Players: The Next Generation Virtual Gathering Sponsors: Scott Solomon and Milton Rodríguez
Wine Sponsor: Grocery Outlet Palo Alto
Media Sponsor: Palo Alto Weekly
You must agree to COVID safety measures and warnings before purchasing tickets. See important details below.
Please read before purchasing in-person tickets
Palo Alto Players will follow all health and safety protocols in the State of California’s COVID-19 Industry Guidance for Indoor Seated Live Events and Performances.
• The group of seats purchased contains no more than THREE households.
• All members of the party must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test as outlined below.
•If members of the party reside outside-of-California, these guests must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
• All members of the party must wear a well-fitting face mask over the nose and mouth at all times in the performance venue, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.
• All must maintain a minimum of six feet of physical distance from anyone not in their seating group during the entire visit.
• Any member of the party who has experienced—or has been in contact with a person experiencing—common symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 10 days is prohibited from attending the performance. Symptoms include fever (100.4 F and above) or chills; sore throat; new cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; diarrhea or vomiting; muscle or body aches; new loss of taste or smell.
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place regardless of precautions that may be taken. Attending a performance or event at Palo Alto Players includes possible exposure to COVID-19 and other contagions, and any resulting illness or injury from it. By attending a performance or event at Palo Alto Players you, and your accompanying party, voluntarily agree to (1) assume all risks associated with COVID-19 and other communicable diseases, and (2) comply with all related health & safety policies and protocols of Palo Alto Players and the City of Palo Alto.
• Tickets can only be purchased in advance by visiting our website or calling the box office during normal business hours.
• You will receive your reserved seating assignment no later than two days before the event.
• There are no walk-up sales or Will Call ticket pickups. To reduce physical interaction, e-tickets (delivered via email) are the only option.
• Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test must be presented at the door, as outlined below.
• To prevent physical contact at the venue, box office staff will assist you with touchless ticket scanning. Present e-ticket on your phone (or bring a printed e-ticket). If you don’t have a smart phone, please contact the box office during regular business hours for alternate arrangements.
• We will email you one day prior to the event with updates, parking information, instructions and reminders, plus a link to the gala program. This will ensure that you are informed of any updates to local or State of California event guidelines.
• Guests who are not feeling well or who have symptoms of illness may not attend events.
• Prior to entering the theater, all patrons 12 years and older must show proof of either a negative COVID-19 test or full vaccination. Patrons will be required to bring an electronic, photo, or paper copy of their negative COVID-19 test result or full vaccination with an appropriate ID matching the name on the proof of negative COVID-19 test or full vaccination.
• Full COVID-19 Vaccination* Verification: People are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer or Moderna), or 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (J&J). The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination: Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered) OR a photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR a photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider. *Vaccinations must be complete by June 13 to attend the gala in person on June 27.
• Negative COVID-19 Test Verification: The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result: printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) OR an email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory. The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result (for PCR, date of negative result must be within prior 72 hours; for antigen, date of negative result must be within prior 24 hours).
• The gala will be held inside the Lucie Stern Theater. Seating will start at least 12 feet from the stage.
• The gala will be assigned seating at limited capacity to allow for distancing between groups.
• Seat groups may be occupied by members of up to 3 households and will be assigned by box office staff, according to the number of seats purchased per-order.
• Handicap accessible and companion seating is available.
• Restrooms will be available at the Lucie Stern Community Center, and occupancy will be limited to allow for safe social distancing. Restrooms will be sanitized before and after the performance.
• Seats, ticket scanners and the box office station will be cleaned and sanitized before the performance.
• No concessions will be sold at the event, and no outside food or drink will be permitted inside the venue.
• Assistive Listening Devices are available upon request at the event.
• Actors and speakers will perform unmasked from the stage.
• Per State requirements, unmasked actors and speakers will maintain a minimum of 6 feet of physical distance from other actors unless they are fully vaccinated or tested for COVID-19 twice weekly.
• Palo Alto Players staff will be masked at all times and will maintain 6 feet of distance from each other and from theater patrons. Staff will submit daily health screening information, including temperature checks. Staff have the option to participate in a weekly COVID testing program.
• Anyone reporting COVID-19 symptoms or not feeling well will not be permitted to be at work at the theater.