Auditions for MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
PERFORMS June 21-30, 2024
REHEARSALS: Begin early May 2024
By: AGATHA CHRISTIE
Adapted for the stage by: KEN LUDWIG
Director: KATIE O’BRYON CHAMPLIN
ABOUT THE SHOW
Just after midnight, a snowdrift stops the Orient Express in its tracks. The luxurious train is surprisingly full for the time of the year, but by the morning it is one passenger fewer. An American tycoon lies dead in his compartment, his door locked from the inside. Isolated and with a killer in their midst, the passengers rely on detective Hercule Poirot to identify the murderer – in case he or she decides to strike again. Ken Ludwig’s clever adaptation of the Agatha Christie classic boasts all the glamor, intrigue and suspense of Dame Agatha’s celebrated novel, with a healthy dose of humor to quicken the pace.
Location (auditions and rehearsals):
- Lucie Stern Theater, 1305 Middlefield Rd, Palo Alto, CA
- 4 of 5 Weeknights 6:30-9:30 pm, at least 1 weekend day, beginning approximately May 7, 2024
- June 21-30, 2024. Curtain times: Friday/Saturday Performances @ 7:30 pm – Sunday Performances @ 2:00 pm. Additional performance: June 29 @ 2pm
Performances will be live with an in person audience. (**Please see note below**)
Please NOTE: unlike other P.A.P. shows performances of this production will take place at the Woodside High School Performing Arts Center (199 Churchill Ave, Woodside, CA)
CASTING MANAGER AUDITIONS LINK — CLICK TO AUDITION!
–If all the appointment slots have been filled please continue to check the link for potential drops or send in a video submission!–
- After following the link above; under “ACTORS” click LOGIN or SIGN UP
- Create a Casting Manager Actor Account by creating your own unique login
- Upload a profile photo (headshot) and be sure to add your resume
- Under the “AUDITIONS” menu select “Schedule Audition” (note at times, if you are new to the site it is often simpler to re-navigate to the PAP auditions page, and re-click the link in order to get in to the scheduling page)
- Select which role(s) you would like to be considered for and answer the actor questions included
- Select your appointment time
- You will need to add your phone number and we request that you list any conflicts in the space provided
- When complete press “APPLY” to confirm your audition appointment
NOTE: If submitting via video, your audition will need to be uploaded and sent via a YouTube or other accessible URL link (please only provide one link in the provided space and ensure your video is not private in order for our casting team to view).
NOTE ABOUT CASTING
All roles are non-AEA and volunteer. There is no fee to participate as a youth actor in Palo Alto Players productions, but we ask that families participate as volunteers throughout the process, as they are able.
As part of our commitment to become a more IDEAL community theatre (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Liberation), Palo Alto Players is looking for strong representation of BIPOC artists and artists of other underrepresented identities in our productions. We see diversity in casting and production staffing (colorful and identity-conscious) as the key to true equity. We are not looking to focus our storytelling on one cultural identity or another, but rather focus on telling a season of stories (old and new) with artists as diverse as our community. This means ensuring our audiences the opportunity to see people whom they identify with both on our stage and behind the scenes.
If you have any questions or concerns please write Production Stage Manager, Lauren Howry, at [email protected].
Sign up for our Auditions Email List:
Once you have been added (if you are new to our system) you will receive an email from [email protected] saying you now have an account with us. Please note, this is not an automated process and may occur a while after you have input your information below. Thank you for your understanding.