COVID-19 Related Terms
Palo Alto Players will follow all health and safety protocols in the State of California’s COVID-19 Industry Guidance for Indoor Seated Live Events and Performances
By purchasing a ticket, you and all members of your accompanying party agree to the following safety measures required by the State of California.
- The group of seats purchased contains no more than THREE households.
- All members of the party who are 12 years and older must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the performance venue.
- Full COVID-19 Vaccination* Verification: People are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer or Moderna), or 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (J&J). The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination: Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered) OR a photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR a photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider. *for example, vaccinations must be complete by June 13 to attend the gala in person on June 27.
- Negative COVID-19 Test Verification: The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result: printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) OR an email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory. The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result (for PCR, date of negative result must be within prior 72 hours; for antigen, date of negative result must be within prior 24 hours).
- Members of the party must reside in the state of California. Out-of-State guests must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- All members of the party must wear a well-fitting face mask over the nose and mouth at all times in the performance venue, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.
- All must maintain a minimum of six feet of physical distance from anyone not in their seating group during the entire visit.
- Any member of the party who has experienced—or has been in contact with a person experiencing—common symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 10 days is prohibited from attending the performance. Symptoms include fever (100.4 F and above) or chills; sore throat; new cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; diarrhea or vomiting; muscle or body aches; new loss of taste or smell.
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place regardless of precautions that may be taken. Attending a performance at Palo Alto Players includes possible exposure to COVID-19 and other contagions, and any resulting illness or injury from it. By attending a performance at Palo Alto Players you, and your accompanying party, voluntarily agree to (1) assume all risks associated with COVID-19 and other communicable diseases, and (2) comply with all related health & safety policies and protocols of Palo Alto Players and the City of Palo Alto.
We collect specific information from you, both Personal and Non-Personal. In gathering this, we aim to provide you with the most efficient and helpful experience while using our website. We may request personal information when you purchase tickets, contact us via email, or submit a donation. This collected data includes your first and last name, credit card number, mailing/billing address, email, and phone number. Having your personal information on file enables us to contact you with reminders or promotions, makes it simple to identify you, and allows us to easily reach or locate you. It is Palo Alto Players policy not to keep credit card information on file for individual protection. The most common way we receive your information is through purchasing tickets, either through our Website or through direct correspondence, or voluntarily submitting your information to our organization. The Non-Personal information we collect may consist of general activity that takes place while you are on the Palo Alto Players website. This information is gathered through our servers and does not include personal identifying data. Examples include demographic information, which web pages of ours are most often visited and which of our productions are most popular. It sometimes can also gather information such as the domain names from which visitors are coming and the date and time of each visit. All of this information is used for analysis reasons, and does not give us access to any personal identifying information. Your Non-personal data enables us to create a better website and theatre experience for you. This Non-personal data may be disclosed to third parties or may be included in public records.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The Personal information that we obtain from you is used to track and fill all your orders, donations, registrations and activities within our website and box office. We also use it to update you on upcoming events, future seasons and programs.
Unsubscribing from Emails
Here at Palo Alto Players we send out promotions, reminders and updates on our current season and upcoming events via email. These emails are extended to any person who has ever had contact with our theatre and has offered us their email. For our organization’s emails, there will always be an option to “Unsubscribe”, or have your address removed from our email lists. In doing so, you will be removed from all email correspondence. Once this action has been taken, you will have to notify our organization personally in order to re-subscribe.
Responsibility for Your Personal Information
It is the user’s responsibility to protect the security of your personal Login/Customer Number, passwords or any information that you control on your account. This is especially important to remember when sharing your information on other websites. Palo Alto Players website contains links to third parties who may collect information directly from you. Each of these websites have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Palo Alto Players, and Palo Alto Players has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites nor does Palo Alto Players make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
Making Changes to Your Personal Information
To make changes to your personal Palo Alto Players account, you may contact our Box Office at 650.329.0891. If you have specific requests about changes to your account, including updating information or deleting certain information, please contact us via the information below:
Palo Alto Players
1305 Middlefield Road
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Please keep in mind that past transaction and event records cannot be deleted and are only used for archival purposes.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
All sales are final. No refunds. Each person must have a ticket. No child under age 3 admitted. Free exchanges only for non-Preview subscribers. All others are subject to exchange fees. Smoking is prohibited in the theatre and lobby. No food, drugs, weapons or glass containers are allowed inside the theatre. Water in a container with a secure cap is allowed. Certain cold beverages in a lidded Palo Alto Players cup purchased from our concessions stand are permitted. Latecomers will be seated only at appropriate intervals. Photography, recording and videography are strictly prohibited, as is the transmission of descriptions, images or reproductions of any event. You assume all risks and dangers associated with live theatre, whether occurring before, during or after a performance. Performances, productions, casts and ticket prices are subject to change. In the event of a cancellation for which there is no rescheduled date, ticket refunds may be issued at the option of the management. You hereby consent to the reasonable search for alcoholic beverages, drugs, or weapons. You further consent to the use of your image or likeness incidental to any display, transmission, or reproduction of the event. Management reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any person whose conduct is deemed by management to be disorderly or who fails to comply with published terms and conditions.